April 12-13, 2019
I. Call to order - Mike Worcester, MSCA President
II. Officer Reports
A. Secretary - Ceil McDonald
B. Treasurer - Zach Prax
C. President Elect - Kasey Wacker
D. Past President - Jason Olson
E. MSHSL Board of Directors - Bonnie Spohn Schmaltz
III. Committee Reports
A. Advisory Committee
1. Next meeting is May 6, 2019
2. Advisory Committee members
Linda Neugebauer - term expires in 2019 (AA)
Stewart Wilson - term expires in 2019 (A)
Meg Krekeler - term expires in 2020 (AA)
Karen Lee - term expires in 2020 (A)
3. Persons wishing to submit proposals must use submission form, linked on web site
B. MSHSL - New section assignments for the next two seasons.
C. Awards Committee-Scott Sieling and Tim Coleman
1. Let Scott or Tim know Section Speech Coach Award Winners
2. Award winners must be MSCA members.
D. MSCA Website
1. Join and contribute to the site.
2. Tournament Calendar - Put your date on the website
E. Category Committees
1. Discussion – Mike Worcester, Rachel Schott
2. Extemp Reading - Kathy Martin
3. Storytelling - Kathleen Westgard, Max Wojtanowicz
F. MSHSL Hall of Fame Committee - Jennifer Parker, Eric Meyer
G. New Coach Mentorship Update - Jody Saxton West (email@example.com)
IV. Old Business
A. Professional Development Opportunities
1. Speak2Compete Coaching Institute - July
2. NSDA Conference
B. Make sure your coaching and judging information is up-to-date on the MSHSL web site.
V. New Business
A. February 2020 Calendar - Quirk with Feb. 29 - Cal Vande Hoef
B. State next year at Wayzata High School, April 17 (A) & 18 (AA), 2020
C. CTAM - Holiday Inn, St. Cloud, Sept. 12-13-14. Submit session ideas on CTAM web site.